Sunday, January 24, 2010

I am not a church goer .......

I have never been a church goer. I've been to church for weddings and funerals but never sat through a service on a Sunday Morning, until today when I attended the service at Lord's Gym. I went to support a friend that I met at The ReGifting Store. His name is Don and he was speaking at the church today with his brother Bud.




Don spoke about his struggles with addiction for over 30 years of his life, the choices he made broke the hearts of everyone who loved him. He only loved his addiction. He has been clean for 6 months, I have only known him for the past 3. I have never known the man who chose drugs and alcohol over everything else in his life but I do know that the man he is today. He is a caring, hard working gentleman that I admire with all my heart for breaking through a life-long struggle and making the choice to change.





He will tell you that it was the help of his friend Korry and his beliefs in God that got him on the road to recovery.




I will tell you that it is people like Don, that inspire me to follow the heart of The ReGifting Store and "Above all else, Love one another".

4 comments:

  1. So glad you posted about this on your other blog. I didn't know you had one for the regifting store. Wonderful story, best wishes to Don.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... courage and transparency... awinning combination...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're doing a blog for the store..people need to know about the great things happening there! You are definitely part of the equation in touching people's lives. Thank you! Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete